Postpartum Doula support eases the transition into life with a newborn by 'Mothering the Mother' allowing her time to recover from the birth and supporting her and her partner.
Many couples have the support of family and friends but find it is useful to have someone knowledgeable and neutral to help them.
Benefits of Postpartum Doula support include:
- Time for you and your family to bond with your baby
- Increases confidence in settling soothing skills Allows time for recovery from the birth and adjust to life with a newborn
- Lowers risk of Postpartum Depression Support for the partner and siblings Greater breastfeeding success
- Up to date research
- Information and referrals to appropriate professionals in the community, groups and resources
- Better coping skills
Superior Bliss Doula Postpartum Package.
- One visit to your home to prepare you for the practical and emotional needs of caring for your baby.
- Postpartum Plan
- Breastfeeding preparation, resources and DVDs
- Soothing techniques
- What to expect in the first few days with your newborn
- Nursery preparation and equipment check
- Telephone and email support
- Minimum of 10 hours Postpartum Doula support
Bliss Doula Postpartum Package $30 per hr.
My aim is to help you relax and enjoy time with your baby
This may include:
- Assisting with changing, bathing, feeding, sleep routines and newborn development
- Support with breastfeeding / formula feeding
- encouraging you to rest and recover from the birth
- Help with other children e.g. playing, adapting to the new baby
- Preparing light meals
- Accompanying Mother and baby to appointments/outings
- Light housework such as laundry, grocery shopping,
- provide information on local resources
I recommend an initial meeting to chat informally and for you to decide whether I am the right Doula to support you and your family.
This is a free consultation and offers the opportunity for me to answer your questions and discuss my role as a Doula.